Methods for Generating Traffic
Generating Traffic Will Be the Lifeblood of Your Business
Effective methods for generating traffic to your website will be the life blood of your marketing strategy. Continuously increasing traffic flow is critical if you want to succeed as an online marketer.
There are many methods that can be used. A few are listed below. I recommend you try them one at a time and track your results. It would not be wise to try to implement them all at once.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which we discussed in a previous post, is an important strategy. Reaching and maintaining a top ranking in the search engines will definitely increase your visitation numbers, so do not neglect this one. SEO creates organic traffic (no cost to you). You can manage SEO on your own, but it may be wise to hire an expert to do it for you if you can fit it into your budget.
- Paid Advertisements on social media sites (Facebook, etc.), as well as search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo) can be effective. These are sites that are frequented by internet users and will be exposed to your ads. Banners are the best choice, but you can also use pop-up ads. Make your ads eye-catching with strong headlines, plenty of white space, color, and graphics.
- Free Ads can be submitted to free ads websites. Create a short ad (or even a short article) about your niche or service with a link to your website included. Check out this list for help: TOP 100 Best FREE Classified AD posting Websites to Post Ads for Online Advertising
- Self-generated newsletters, sales letters, squeeze pages, etc. You can also handle this strategy yourself if you are good at it. If not, outsource it.
- Article Websites – submission of quality articles with backlinks to your website can be very effective. I recommend the following sites: Ezinearticles.com, SubmitYOURarticle.com, GoArticles.com, and ArticlesDashboard.com. Write 300-500 word articles on topics related to your niche or service.
- Traffic Generator Software. The link is to a specific provider – their software is free. I have not used it personally, but it may be worth a look. There are many options and the capabilities vary greatly, so do your research. Be sure to select software that is easy to use and control. As a rule, you input your target market niche (target customer) and the program does the rest. Sounds easy, but it will take a little time to manage it well.
Leave a Reply