There is always the possibility that your account could be suddenly shut down and you would have to move to another email autoresponder service. Take precautions to ensure that you do not lose your lists and have all that hard work go down the drain. To protect yourself from such a horrifying experience, be sure you backup and export your lists to a safe place.
This is the procedure for backup with Aweber:
- Log into your account and click on “Create and Manage Lists.”
- Click the button that says “Back Up & Export All Active Lists.”
- A new box will open that asks you where to send the files of subscribers and messages. (See below) Fill in your email address and click the “Create A Backup” button.
- After a short time, depending on the amount information involved, you will receive an email notification that your file is ready to download.
- Log back into your account at AWeber, go to “My Lists,” and click on the same button as before, “Back Up & Export All Active Lists.”
- The box below will open:
Click on the blue “Zip File” button and it will download to your computer. Your list is now safely in your possession and you are prepared for the worst-case scenario.
Sit back, relax, and smile!
Note: If you have joined us for the first time, the series starts with: Building Your List – Finding Gold vs. Doing Good.