In addition to WordPress being the best choice for website building software – and its popularity, once you start using it, you will realize the benefits of using WordPress, as well. It can help you with almost any kind of website you want to build. Not only is it perfect for managing your content, it allows you to add a wide variety of functions to make your website do exactly what you want it to do.
Reasons to Build Your Website with WordPress
- It is easy to use – If you are about to embark on your first run at building a website, you may feel as I felt – “There is no such thing as easy when it comes to building websites.” Believe it or not, there is WordPress . . . . and then, there are all the others!
When you compare them, I promise that WordPress is definitely on the easy side. I realized that I could probably use it when I learned that you do not have to know code and you do not have to have FTP software. (If you don’t know what that means, don’t worry about it right now.) In fact, it is possible to build a beautiful, appealing website in a few hours (or a few days). I know it can be done, because I did it (twice), and it was all Greek to me in the beginning.
- It is cloud-based – This is a good thing. It means that you can build your website on any computer, from any location. You are not tied to your desktop in your office to access the software and your files. They are stored “in the cloud” ready to use whenever you have time to work. And . . . everything is protected no matter what happens to your computer, you will still have access to your site.
- It gets lots of search engine love – The search engines love WordPress sites because of its clean and simple code, and it is updated often (automatically). As a result, indexing is faster and the ease with which optimization can be done helps ensure that it will be done correctly. The bottom line is your chances of being found are much greater – which is exactly the purpose of having a website – right?
- You have control – This is a great benefit. You do not need to depend on a web designer to take care of small updates because you can do them yourself for the most part. It is easy to post on your blog, to add pages, images, and more – at your convenience.
Yes, for very complex changes, you may need help, but those do not happen a lot. One area that you may want to use an expert is for security updates; but, if you find you like doing the work yourself, you can learn how to do that, as well.
- You can customize – Your website can be unique. Just because you are using a popular software it does not mean that the websites are “cookie cutter” and that yours will look like a thousand other websites. Every aspect of the website can be customized to your preferences – to build your brand exactly as you want it. The formatting options vary from theme to theme, but you can usually change headers, footers, sidebars, colors and more. Your website will be uniquely yours. All you have to do is be creative and enjoy the process.
- You can have a blog – It is important for your website to have a blog and with WordPress it can be housed on your website – not somewhere else. Blogs are important because they bring traffic to your site. Quality content on your blog attracts attention and the traffic will build as your reputation builds.
Blogging with WordPress is so easy, you will be surprised. Blogging capabilities are built into the software – you do not have to add anything. Once again – you are in control. You decide where you want the blog on your website, how you want it to look, and how often you want to post. You can allow comments, or not – the choice is yours. Everything you need is included in the software.
- It has excellent functionality – WordPress offers a large library of plugins and many of them are free. This means that in addition to the basic functions, which include blogging, you can add plugins as you need them to give your site even more functionality.
Some of the popular plugins are: social media buttons, SEO optimization, spam captcha, a greet box, special contact forms, and even shopping carts. The list of plugins seems endless and continues to grow all the time.
You have the choice of being the sole administrator or adding administrators and other users to your site, giving you the freedom to add (or delete) administrators as the need arises. For example, if you wanted to have three or four bloggers to take some of the weight off your shoulders, you can assign each one a user name and the access level you want them to have. Remember, they can also be easily deleted.
You are no longer at the mercy of a web designer – you are in control. The final benefit I want to mention is a good one – your WordPress site will grow with you as your business grows.
Thanks for joining us today – see you next time.